Friday 31 January 2014

I LOVE DRAWING

I love drawing so much. Since I was a child, I was interested in drawing. I was inspired by my elder brother who are now become an art director. Since he was in elementary school, he was able to draw, and even paint some beautiful pictures. Moreover, when he graduated from junior high school, he was already able to draw my parents’ picture in a big size, and the result was so wow! It’s very identical with the original one. However, my admiration was just an admiration. Until I continue my study at college, I don’t have confidence to draw. I always think that it’s impossible for me to be able to draw well. Therefore, I can just become a secret admirer of art, especially people drawings.

One day, my friend bought a drawing book, but she never draws anything on it. With her permission, I tried to draw her picture using pencil. And do you know how the result was? My friend said it’s not bad, but it’s not identical yet. Yeah, I know that that’s my first trial, and I think it’s a good start. Some times after that day, I bought a sketch book for myself and tried to draw some pictures of my friends and also myself. But still, I couldn’t draw well, the results weren’t identical yet. Maybe among ten drawings, there’s only one that is quite identical.

One day, I realized that I need such a tutorial or something from the experts. Then, I asked some of my seniors (they are from art department) to teach me how to draw pictures of people well. They were so kind. They taught me with pleasure. They gave me a tutorial how to draw eyes, nose, how to do hatching, etc. Then, in several months, I tried to draw as many as possible until I bought one more sketch book because the old one was over. On my new sketch book, I drew some pictures of my college friends and Alhamdulillah the results were quite satisfying. Some people said that they know whose drawings those pictures are at the first sight they saw my drawings. My seniors are true. When they gave me a drawing tutorial, they said that we have to get the character of the people we are drawing to make the drawings identical with the original. So, now I know how to draw better.

I know that my drawings are still far from the word ‘perfect’, but then I believe that I can use my drawing skill, at least to make beloved people around me happy. As long as I have time and good mood to draw, I will draw a picture of them as a gift, as one of beautiful memories with me. And about drawing, I hope someday I can draw a beautiful picture of my family, the complete one, because I don’t have any until today. Well, I think that’s all my story about one of my hobbies, that is drawing. And, here are some of my drawings. You can see them if you want :)



2 comments: